A study was recently done proving what we all already know in that “most college students could not imagine life without a smartphone”.
Can you think of a time where students were more connected than they are today?
Yeah, it’s called the future.
Universities and colleges have slowly adapted to these technological trends ubiquitous to their overwhelmingly largest demographics with incremental attempts such as campus-wide emergency SMS messaging services and other online notification alerts.
And we applaud them for taking such steps, albeit slow in this evolving information age.
But they’ve yet to embrace more versatile and modern technologies that recognize we’re now closer to the year 2020 then we are 2010.
These tech-saavy student bodies not only suck the student union’s bandwidth like crazy, they happen to also be the most susceptible to danger on their campuses.
The Office of Postsecondary Education of the U.S. Department of Education reported that over 22,000 burglaries were reported at universities and colleges across the country in 2014 alone. Almost 9,000 rape offenses were reported, 5,548 date violence cases, and almost 6,000 stalking offenses.
The sad and scary fact is that a lot criminal activity, especially of sexual nature, occurs on college campuses across the country every day.
A mobile-friendly and easy-to-use platform like Krimeshare can provide university police departments the utility to reach their student population quickly and effectively.
In addition to effective information dissemination,
Krimeshare also gives an attractive venue for students to contribute to the well-being and safety of their campuses as well.
Colleges and universities, reduce your law enforcement man-hours using outdated communication mediums and methods and let Krimeshare do the investigation work for you – giving your staff more time out on the campuses protecting, and less time in front of a computer screen.
or just click the button in the top-right to get started!
- Create professionally-looking, mobile-friendly case pages!
- Post all the pictures and videos you want*
- Raise awareness within the campus community efficiently and effectively.
- Recruit everyone on the Internet to help investigations.
- Share on social media to get the word out ever more.
- Assist the local media and other law enforcement in their efforts with a central and consistent platform.
- Check out a few cases recently posted on Krimeshare:
- 19-year-old Teen Missing, Last Seen in Springfield, Spotsylvania Area
- Lost iPhone 6 @ Starbucks Near George Mason University
- Police Investigating Early-Morning Assault at JMU
- Police Release Surveillance Video Of Suspects In Theft From Knicks’ Derrick Williams; Want to Talk to These Women
- IDENTIFIED: Who is This Guy? Police Looking for Northern Virginia High School Trespasser
- UPDATE: Youtubers ‘BfvsGf’/’PrankvsPrank’ Need Your Help Finding Jesse’s Missing Mom in Southeast PA!